1. Water with Lemon – When you’re bloated, your body is trying to hold onto to water in order not to be dehydrated. Drinking more water will help your body properly distribute water and flush out bloating. Since lemon is a natural diuretic, it will help to do this faster.
2. Yogurt – Helping in digestion and loaded with all kinds of good bacteria, that will help to line and protect your stomach, yogurt is a key ingredient in beating the bloat.
3. Asparagus – Like lemons, asparagus is another natural diuretic. It is full of fiber, which is essential to good digestion. It also has a high nutrient-to-calorie ratio. This is great for weight loss and keeping it in your diet regularly will help to prevent and get rid of bloating.
4. Peanut Butter – a key ingredient in peanut butter is niacin, which is a huge help in digestion. If you choose to eat peanut butter, eat the natural kinds that don’t have a lot of extra fat and sugar added, and be careful of your serving size.
5. Grapes – grapes are high in fiber and known as a laxative food.
6. Pineapple – Eating a few slices of pineapple after a meal helps to prevent bloating, so try this as a dessert next time that you feel like something sweet but are already feeling a bit stuffed!
7. Avocado – Because of the high percentage of potassium, which has the opposite effect as sodium on your body, avocados help reduce bloating.
8. Celery – Another natural diuretic, celery aids in your body’s distribution of water, not the retention. For a real snack to beat pair up celery and peanut butter.
9. Watermelon – Low in sugar and high in water, watermelon is the perfect refreshing snack to get rid of any bloating.
10. Ginger – With a slightly spicy taste, ginger helps to bring your metabolism up to the next level, meaning your body can do a better job breaking down foods and using them to get more energy.